6th IFAC Conference on Foundations of Systems Biology in Engineering
9th – 12th October 2016
Computational and engineering methods are at the core of systems biology, synthetic biology and systems medicine. The integration of quantitative data from a variety of sources together with model inference and analysis techniques as well as control theory have proven valuable to decipher biological systems ranging from intracellular mechanisms to human disease.
FOSBE aims at stimulating discussion and fostering collaborations among scientists, from method to theory oriented engineers to experimental and theoretical biologists, interested or working onworking on systems theory applied to life sciences. Major conference topics are:
- Modelling of complex biological systems
- Multi-scale and multi-omics data integration and modelling
- Network inference and modeling (signaling, regulation, metabolic)
- Analysis and modeling of stochastic and heterogeneous systems,
- Dynamics and control of biological systems
- Design and control of synthetic biological systems and circuits
- Systems biology for (red, green, blue and white) biotechnology
- Systems medicine
- Synthetic biology
- Next generation methods and tools for systems and synthetic biology
FOSBE 2016 features a varied scientific program, including plenary lectures, invited keynote presentations, contributed and invited technical sessions, pre-conference workshops, and a social program that will take you to the cultural heritage sites of the city of Magdeburg.
Detailed information is available for download in the conference booklet (PDF).
The technical sessions will be hosted in the Johanniskirche, a historical church firstly mentioned more then 900 years in 1190.
The conference Foundations of Systems Biology and Engineering (FOSBE) is jointly organized by the International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC) and the CACHE Corporation on a rotating basis. In 2016, the 6th FOSBE will be organized by IFAC, sponsored by the Technical Committee on Biosystems and Bioprocesses (8.4). It will be held at the Otto-von-Guericke University in Magdeburg, Germany, on 9 – 12 October 2016.
History of FOSBE
2005 – Santa Barbara, USA
2007 – Stuttgart, Germany
2009 – Denver, USA
2012 – Tsuruoka, Japan
2015 – Boston, USA